In November 2013, PORSH was officially registered as a non-profit to undertake interventions in the fields of HIV, gender, sexual and reproductive health events, human rights and other interventions for key populations in Ghana and beyond. Our vision is to reduce the impact of the HIV epidemic on key populations, families and communities through tailor-made interventions and our passion for humanity and their full rights on earth. Our mission is to promote sexual health, human rights and lessen the impact of the HIV epidemic on key populations, families and communities through cutting edge projects, initiatives and human-centered efforts.
MAIN ACTIVITIES / AREA OF FOCUS
- Adolescent Health Promotion
- Men’s Health Issues
- Health rights for Key Populations
- Human Rights Advocacy
- Gender Initiatives
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
- To promote innovation
- Improve competitiveness in health and health related service delivery.
- Map out Sites in the Drug-user populations in Major cities in Ghana
- Mobilization of traditional stakeholders on HIV/AIDS issues
- Use of community based Peer leaders to scale up treatment in STD’s and other infection