Alliance for Equality and Diversity (AfED) is an LGBTIQ+ led national coalition of organization, individuals and professional allies who work and advocate for the protection and promotion of the human rights of LGBT people and other minorities groups in Ghana.
AfED was officially commissioned in 2016, and was legally registered in November, 2018 as a not-for-profit organization, AfED affiliate itself with all member organizations, individuals or group that shares in the vision and mission of the Alliance.
To promote and advocate for safe communities that encourage diversity, equality, inclusiveness and social justice.
Envision a country where rights of all are respected, equality promoted, and diversity ensured
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
- To build capacities of members to advance the vision of the Alliance
- To provide technical support and access to resources to members
- To facilitate effective collaboration and networking amongst members.
- To complement the advocacy efforts of all member organizations and individuals
- To coordinate the activities of all its members
- AfED has collaborated with LGBT+ organisations to organize various activities and projects & Ghana.
- Partnered with Human Rights Advocacy centre to organise International Day Against
- Homophoiba (IDAHO) in some selected regions of Ghana
- Collaborated with the U.S Embassy in Accra to organise pride reception in Accra
- Partnered with Solace Initiative to implement a project on LGBT Data for Impact a
- project (DIP) that will collect national data on LGBT people
AREA OF FOCUS
- Advocacy (Sexual rights, Human rights and Health rights)
- Capacity building
- Paralegal services
- Network building and Partnership
- Events and Conferences